Date:      Thu, 11 May 2000 00:25:35 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.org, "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>, Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
Subject:   Re: .s -> .S filename change in /sys

John Baldwin wrote:

> On 10-May-00 Wes Peters wrote:
> > John Baldwin wrote:
> >>
> >> I agree.  This does require that we look at each .s file and figure out
> >> if it should be .S, but that shouldn't be _too_ bad.
> >
> > find /usr/src/sys -name '*.s' | xargs grep -l '^#'
> >
> > 61 files on my 2-week-old 4.0 system.
>
> No go there.  Many of the asm files (all in /sys/boot, for example)
> use '#' as a comment character, since it is supported as such by as(1).

Ick.  Someone else pointed that out, too.  The command above at least
gives you a 61-file starting place, rather than the entire system.
OTOH, Peter's point about renaming all the .s files, except those it
would actively hurt, makes more sense.  I'd even vote for changing
the comments on the few in /sys/boot and renaming them as well.