Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 2000 12:18:47 -0700
From:      "Kelly D. Lucas" <kellyl@valicert.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dell Dimension XPS T500

I broke out a spare Dell Dimension XPS T500 today, and decided to throw
FreeBSD 3.4 on it.  It has the following major components:

    PIII 500mhz
    128 mb Ram
    nVidia Riva TNT2 Ultra VGA
    48x CDRom
    3Com 3c905c-TX

The install seems to go along fine, but then, while probing devices, it
seems to freeze.

The last thing on the debug screen is:
===========================
DEBUB: ioctl(3, TIOCCONS, NULL) = 0 (success)
rm: not found
DEBUG: Found a network device named xl0
DEBUB: Found a network device named lp0

I'm a big fan of FreeBSD, but our company is primarily a Dell shop, and
this one really has me puzzled.

Any ideas?

kdl

--
Kelly D. Lucas        |  Valicert Inc.
Systems Administrator |  "Securing e-Transactions"