Date:      Tue, 08 Aug 2000 19:43:59 +0100
From:      Clem Dye <clem@bastet.com>
To:        "Wood, Richard" <rich@ruh-bath.swest.nhs.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and ISDN support in the UK.

Rich:

Many thanks for the prompt reply. Windows 2000 recognises the card as
something other than a BT device, but as I mentioned in my first
message, I couldn't remember what it was.

Are there any particular 'gotchas' to watch-out for when configuring the
card under FreeBSD?

My gameplan is to do the following:

1) Get my ISDN link up and running @ 128K, connected to my ISP.
2) Install routing software (no idea what to use yet) so that my two NT
boxes can get access to the 'Net via the FreeBSD box.
3) Install some firewall software to stop anything nasty occurring (I
plan to leave the FreeBSD box running 24x7 once I've done that lot! (Oh,
not forgetting the mail stuff too!).

Any tips or pointers that spring to mind would be greatly appreciated.
For instance, do I need a particular release of FreeBSD? I'm currently
using 3.3.

Thanks and best regards

Clem