Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 2000 12:43:07 -0400
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@cup.hp.com>
To:        Alexey Zelkin <phantom@cris.crimea.ua>
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@pike.osd.bsdi.com>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG, committers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: aout-to-elf (was: Re: NO vs NO_)

Alexey Zelkin wrote:

> BTW, one more question related to architecture design of our buildworld
> system. Is there any reason to keep aout-to-elf upgrade chunks there
> for 4.x and 5.x systems ? Maybe it's time to cleanup Makefiles for
> HEAD and RELENG_4 ?

I'm planning to remove those targets when I have some time. In the mean
time I've been working on getting the basis of a single upgrade target.
This target should also work when someone upgrades from 2.2.x systems.
If the aout-to-elf targets are in the way, we can discuss their early
retirement, otherwise I suggest leaving them in until the (new) upgrade
target has been verified to work.

--
Marcel Moolenaar
  mail: marcel@cup.hp.com / marcel@FreeBSD.org