Date:      Tue, 03 Oct 2000 07:56:44 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SACK in FreeBSD TCP.

Mike Silbersack wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Oct 2000, Julian Elischer wrote:
>
> > Is anyone working on a SACK  (Selective acknowlegement) implementation
> > for FreeBSD?
> >
> > (rfc 2018)
> >
> > It would make a huge difference to performance out here at the edge of the
> > univertse (Perth, Western Australia)
> >

> > julian
>
> Out of curiosity, if you're using 5.x on both ends, how much does newreno
> help?

Unfortunatly I've got 3.2 on the other end and I can't change it a the
moment.

My guess is that it would solve about 70% of the problems I'm seeing.
but SACK will nearly always do better than new-Reno.. it just needs
more support as well.
What I think would be really cool would be a Vegas/new-reno/SACK
implementation!

BTW looks like we have 2 FreeBSD-2.1 SACK implementations, and a netBSD
VEGAS implementation. We already have new-reno of course.

> Mike "Silby" Silbersack

      __--_|\  Julian Elischer
     /       \ julian@elischer.org
    (   OZ    ) World tour 2000