Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 2000 23:54:13 +0800
From:      Feisal Umar <afu@webcraft99.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Networking Errors

I've upgraded my host from 4.1.1 to 4.2 yesterday.
I've went through the obligatory
make buildworld
make buildkernel KERNEL=XXXX
make installkernel KERNEL=XXXX
[reboot]
make installworld
mergemaster -a -d

Everything seems to work fine; am able to "fetchmail" my emails, etc.
However, the host is running SQUID2.3, and there was an error. From the
logs, the error seems to "no able to connect to 127.0.0.1:8080"

Further checks, like "ping 127.0.0.1" or "ping localhost", resulted in
"no route to host". ifconfig -a registers the existence of "lo" though.

I am stumped. All the other interfaces seems to be working OK (tun0 and
ed0). Why am I having problem with the localhost interface?

Since then, I've tried to re-make world, and replaced the relevant rc.*
files, but the problem persists.

Thanks in advance