Date:      Thu, 22 Feb 2001 04:08:17 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>, cvs-committers@freebsd.org, cvs-all@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: doc/en_US.ISO_8859-1/books/design-44bsd Makefile  book.sgml fig1.eps fig2.eps

Nik Clayton wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 08:21:42PM +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:
> > On Tue, 20 Feb 2001 12:01:32 PST, Nik Clayton wrote:
> > >   Log:
> > >   Chapter 2 of "The Design and Implementation of the 4.4BSD Operating System"
> >
> > Nik, thanks so much for following through with this.  I'm really glad
> > that my running out of steam hasn't resulted in the loss of a valuable
> > resource for beginners.
>
> No problem.  I just wish I'd had the time to get the image support
> finished sooner.

I just tried to cvsup the latest docs and when I do a make, I get a
message that eps2png doesn't exist. When I did a make and make install
on eps2png, it doesn't check for png-1.0.9. I'm currently trying to
install ghostcript and it doesn't like the checksum. At this point,
who knows what else is broken. Anyone following docs is going to have
port problems and wonder what all happened.

Kent

> --
> Internet connection, $19.95 a month.  Computer, $799.95.  Modem, $149.95.
> Telephone line, $24.95 a month.  Software, free.  USENET transmission,
> hundreds if not thousands of dollars.  Thinking before posting, priceless.
> Somethings in life you can't buy.  For everything else, there's MasterCard.
>   -- Graham Reed, in the Scary Devil Monastery

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kbstew99@hotmail.com