Date:      Wed, 07 Mar 2001 18:12:15 -0800
From:      "ebonytears@uk2.net" <ebonytears@uk2.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD

I want to run a FreeBSD box, I'm 16, so money looks grim.  I want to run
Gnome on it (I've run gnome under linux, and I loved it).  Exactly how
extensive is linux app support under freebsd?  And also, I want it to
run pretty fast, would you say that a celeron 667 or 700 would do the
job nicely?  And also, about how much memory?  32 or 64 to start off?
Also, with the source code, does that include the bootloader source and
all?
Oh yeah, one last question..  how easy is it to upgrade one version to
the next?  and how would I go about this process in the future?

Thanks Alot,
Daryl
ebonytears@uk2.net