Date:      Fri, 09 Mar 2001 00:53:41 -0500
From:      The Babbler <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        mikko@dynas.se, Barry Lustig <barry@lustig.com>, emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vmware networking

Well, this is frustrating in the exteme, but although it worked once, I
can't get it to work any more.  One thing I noticed is that the network
reverted from 192.168.0.1 the *second* time but not the first, but I've
tried reconfiguring my guest to talk to that network without luck.

I'm hoping that somebody has some ideas . . . I've beat myhead against
it for a few days before appealing to you folks again, but I'm befuddled
again.

I've even re-done the deinstall/reinstall, but that didn't fix anything.
I can go back to the complex firewall-like solution, but I was having
trouble with that one, too . . .  and that one time I rebooted &
installed it all just worked so easily.  I just wish I recapture that
victory.

A couple new questions, though, while I'm at it (both minor):

1. Is there any way to get the RTC device turned off by default?  If
it's on, vmware eats up all available CPU but I don't see a way to keep
it off-by-default.

2. Is there a way to get rid of the annoying requester claiming that
/dev/psm0 can't be opened and thus full-screen mode will fail?  In
actual point of fact, full-screen mode works just peachy (for graphics;
I read the warnings about text mode and haven't even tried that).