Date:      Wed, 11 Jul 2001 04:59:43 +0100
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
To:        abram olson <dacia_icarus@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Josh Paetzel <jpaetzel@hutchtel.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to update ports collection

Abram and Josh,

See the section on 'Refuse Files' on the cvsup man page
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=cvsup
they allow you to control what you do and don't update when using cvsup.

Oh, and don't forget that it's much easier to use the cvsupit package
detailed on
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html
rather than install the port. *much* easier!

Hope that helped.

Andrew.