Date:      Sun, 16 Sep 2001 22:24:09 +0100
From:      ian j hart <ianjhart@ntlworld.com>
To:        "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: samba oplocks (was samba PDC / kernel tuning)

"David W. Chapman Jr." wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 07:02:59PM +0100, ian j hart wrote:
> > FYI:
> >
> > This post on samba-technical looks appropriate.
> >
> > Samba 2.2.1a eating CPU   Jeremy Allison
> > http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/samba-technical/2001-September/031041.html
> >
> > I've applied the patch and it builds okay. I'll test this
> > Monday after school hours.
> >
> > I've attached the patch (whitespace fixed).
> >
> > I also got 2.2.2 to build okay after some minor patch
> > adjustments. I am less keen on trying this on our live
> > server :)
> >
> Since you have a patch and 2.2.2 will be out soon, I think I'll wait
> for it to be released instead of add this patch for a short period of
> time.
>
> --
> David W. Chapman Jr.
> dwcjr@inethouston.net   Raintree Network Services, Inc. <www.inethouston.net>
> dwcjr@freebsd.org       FreeBSD Committer <www.FreeBSD.org>

Seems fair enough. I wasn't really suggesting it be commited, I don't
even know whether it works yet <bg> I'll post back on Monday yea or nay.
If the patch does work at least you've got it as an option. Some
people are conservative when it comes to upgrading production
machines. In fact I'd be more cautious myself if it wasn't already
broken.

Do we know when 2.2.2 is scheduled?

--
ian j hart