Date:      Tue, 25 Sep 2001 11:18:10 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Peter Lockhart <peter@key.co.za>
Cc:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Helping victims of terror

Peter Lockhart wrote:
> A poll on that bastion of unbiased news reporting otherwise known as CNN,
> reported about 87% of Americans polled supporting whatever action Bush
> proposed. The vast majority of American citizens I'm sure, almost oblivious
> of the fact that Bin Laden was on their payroll only a few years earlier.

If my former employee shoots my neighbor, I'm not going to care
whether he was my former employee or not.

> Of course what the public thinks doesn't (necessarily) drive what Bush does,
> but it makes it awful hard for him to say "Uh sorry, we were barking up the
> wrong tree" if real evidence identified another culprit.

I think any responsible party whose body could be dragged through
the streets would work; we aren't that committed to bin Laden
being the bad guy, as we are to getting the real bad guy.

> And with the
> citizen's scrutiny away from their own government's previous actions, it
> means they're more ready to accept reduced civil liberties (which I see
> people are already prepared to do judging by a few polls floating around).

These people are morons.

-- Terry