Date:      Sat, 11 May 2002 21:34:46 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        Mohd Ezanee <am1r@pd.jaring.my>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Help!

Mohd Ezanee wrote:
> I'm interested to start using freeBSD in my computer but I have question
> regarding my system.
>
> My system runs with :
>
> cyrix II 333Mhz
> PCI conexant SoftK56 Data, Fax,RTAM PCI modem

I'm not familiar with this modem, is it a hardware or software modem?
Most hardware modems work, I don't know if any software modems work.

> ATAPI CDRom

Everything else you've listed looks compatible with FreeBSD

> -I'm confuse about the hardware compability in freeBSD, do my current
> hardwares would work after I've installed freeBSD?

Yes, except I can't guarantee the modem.

> -What platform should I use i386 or Alpha?

The Cyrix chips are i386 clones, so use i386.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technology