Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 2002 15:31:31 -0400
From:      Josh Levine <joshl@levindustries.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apache+PHP+Java

Hi!

I'm trying to compile PHP with Java support, and am running into some
problems (about two days worth so far).  I guess my short question is,
which JDK port should I be using to do this?

Currently, I have linux-jdk1.4.0.01 installed and am trying to use
that.  I've read a lot about a FreeBSD native version - does this
actually exist?  If so, what's the port name for it?  Anyway, here's
what I have in my php.ini file:

[Java]
java.class.path = /usr/local/lib/php/php_java.jar
java.home = /usr/local/linux-jdk
java.library = /usr/local/linux-jdk/jre/lib/i386/server/libjvm.so
java.library.path = /usr/local/lib/php/extensions:/usr/compat/linux/lib
extension=libphp_java.so

And here's the error message I receive:

Unable to load Java Library
/usr/local/linux-jdk/jre/lib/i386/server/libjvm.so, error: Shared object
"libnsl.so.1" not found in /usr/home/research/htdocs/java.php on line 3

I've tried symlinking the various objects it needs to /usr/local/lib,
but then the script just didn't work, and the Apache error log contained
a series of these messages:

[notice] child pid 50819 exit signal Bus error (10)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Josh Levine