Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2002 09:26:18 +0200
From:      Andy Sporner <sporner@nentec.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Help need please--Kernel Panic...  2nd post....

Hi Hackers,

I am using FreeBSD 5.0-20020302-PREVIEW and have the following panic.
Will some nice person give me some feedback.  Could this be a bug???

Thanks!

Andy

------------SNIP
#include "modtcp.h"
#include <sys/kthread.h>

static struct proc      *modtcpproc;

static void modtcpd(void);

static struct kproc_desc kp = {
       "modtcpd",
       modtcpd,
       &modtcpproc
};

SYSINIT(modtcpd, SI_SUB_KTHREAD_BUF, SI_ORDER_FIRST, kproc_start, &kp)

static void modtcpd(void)
{

               tsleep(0x0dead0001, 0, "General Wait", 400);
               kthread_exit(0);

}
---------------------SNIP ENDS

This is not the actual usage that I have for the daemon, but I wanted to
reduce the problem set so that I can get the minimal amount of code
to produce the same failure.

After the sleep concludes and 'kthread_exit()' runs, the following
occurs...

panic: mutex Giant not owned at ../../../kern/kern_exit.c"131
Debuger("panic")
Stopped at            Debugger+0x40:         xorl        %eax,%eax

Is this a bug in the kernel or???

Thanks!