Date:      Tue, 09 Jul 2002 09:45:52 -0400
From:      Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor]" <sperber@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: No root crontab in 4.6-RELEASE?

Doug Barton wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Michael Sperber [Mr.  Preprocessor] wrote:
>

> > The 4.6 systems I've installed don't have a default root crontab
>
> There is no default root crontab. You create one if you want it by using
> 'crontab -e'. However, for system functions you're better off using
> /etc/crontab, since that's more visible, and easier to back up, etc.

??? More visible?  New people to the system can never find that file.
Heck, I'm always forgetting where it is.  It wouldn't be so bad if
it just weren't so inconsistent.

Who doesn't backup /var?  Is it harder than backing up / somehow?

--
  \  |_ _|__ __|_ \ __| Jason Andresen        jandrese@mitre.org
 |\/ |  |    |    / _|  Network and Distributed Systems Engineer