Date:      Wed, 09 Oct 2002 21:04:17 -0700
From:      paul beard <pdb2@u.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   /etc/malloc.conf?  java FreeBSD expertise?

Two questions, perhaps I should break them out.

First off, why, when I use truss(1) to look at what a program is
doing, does it look for /etc/malloc.conf? Never finds it, carries
on anyway.

Second, some friends of mine have a java application that runs
under the Leading Brand, Solaris and Linux, but I can't get
anywhere with it in FreeBSD.

The most recent version dumped core when a non-root user runs it.
Root gets to see it spawn half a dozen processes and suck up all
the CPU, to no practical purpose.

--
Paul Beard / 8040 27th Ave NE / Seattle WA 98115 /
paulbeard [at] mac [ dot] com / 206 529 8400

weblog @ <http://paulbeard.no-ip.org/movabletype/>;

Like the ski resort of girls looking for husbands and husbands looking
for girls, the situation is not as symmetrical as it might seem.
		-- Alan McKay