Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 2003 18:47:26 -0500
From:      Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Laptop recommendation?

Hi,

I've finally come to the conclusion that my 200MHz Pentium laptop
with 3GB drive with 32MB RAM just isn't cutting it any more.  It's
way too difficult to develop for -current on it, and all X servers
since 3.3 don't work with its C&T 65550.  [Don't anyone tell me
how to get it to work because it's part of my rationalization to
by a new laptop!]

I'm looking at the Gateway 400/450 series.  They seem to be similar
to the Dell Inspiron 4150 but a few hundred less for basically
the same stuff.  Any problems with these?  They got a couple good
deals on remanufactured units also.

I want a relatively lightweight (< 6lbs) with 14" display and
[easily!] supported video, P4 ~2GHz, and integrated wired and/or
wireless ethernet.  Not too worried about RAM, can get that
after market.  Looking to spend $1000-$1500.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

--
Dan Eischen