Date:      Sat, 05 Jul 2003 19:22:04 -0500
From:      Jon Disnard <diz@linuxpowered.com>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [current] hostap+wi

Ruslan Ermilov wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 05, 2003 at 04:48:09PM -0400, David Gilbert wrote:
> [...]
>
>>The hostap machine is 4.8-STABLE and the client is 5.1-RELEASE.
>>

> One nice thing about the hostap is that bridge(4) works with wi(4)
> that is in hostap mode.  Does anybody know if only Intersil cards
> have the hostap mode, or some Prism's also do?

Well yeah. Considering Intersil makes the Prism brand of 802.11 chips.
=)

I'm not aware of any other chips that allow for this groovy hostap mode
unless the formerly unsupported atheros chips do. I figure the idea is
not unique, and the feature seems logical for vendors to build their
AP's based on common hardware.

-Jon