Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 2003 21:07:48 +0100
From:      Franz Klammer <klammer@webonaut.com>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Nautilus 2.5.3

Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

>>>I would advise anyone that's submitting a bug in either GNOME 2.5 or Evo
>>>1.5 to make sure all their libraries are in sync first.  That is, make
>>>sure each binary only links against one version of a given library.
>>>

>>i'm doing nothing else as be sure that the libraries are in sync since
>>i've installed
>>gnome 2.5 - they bring out updates in minutes ;-)
>>(the last libbonobo*-update completely shoots my gnome-installation.)
>>currently i'm thinking about an automated script that does the job in
>>the background.
>>but that's not so easy:
>>a portupgrade -rf <port-name> updates every package in +REQUIRED_BY even
>>it's not necessary -  is there an easy way to figure out the _exact_
>>names of the ports
>>they _really_ using the given port?
>>

>What do you mean?

olala! how i should describe it ... :-\

maybe i'm completely wrong but:
i mean that i dont't believe that every port listed in
/var/db/pkg/<PORT>/+REQUIRED_BY
must be rebuild to get everything in sync if <PORT> installes a newer
version of a library .

it would be easier and faster to sync if i didn't must do a
portupgrade -rf <PORT> (or -rf pkgconfig). instead only update also the
ports they really need the update to snyc everything.

if i'm wrong: excuse the noise!

--
webonaut.com :: web technology
klammer@webonaut.com :: http://webonaut.com/