Date:      Fri, 20 Feb 2009 01:59:44 +0300
From:      Alexander Churanov <alexanderchuranov@gmail.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Status of devel/boost

Hi folks!

Just want to synchronize our knowledge on this stuff.

1) The patch to update devel/boost from 1.34 to 1.37 is ready for several
months.

2) I've asked for taking a maintainership over devel/boost.

3) I am currently rebuilding all ports that depend on boost in order to
identify possible issues caused by update.

4) There is a wiki page with more details:
http://wiki.freebsd.org/BoostPortingProject

5) Of course, to goal is to upgrade directly to 1.38 when all issues are
resolved.

6) Another goal is to have all subsequent updates at corresponding dates of
boost releases.

Sincerely,

Alexander Churanov