Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 1999 14:19:27 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        "Jasper O'Malley" <jooji@webnology.com>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape browser

Jordan:

You're correct that it is far too late to undo the damage to the
platform that has been caused by emulating another more popular
one -- a strategy that IBM showed to be almost suicidal. However,
FreeBSD may be able to recoup some native application support by
creating an emulator for Linux. This is what we should do next.
Otherwise, we'll have NOT native application support now or in
the foreseeable future. We'll have made it such a bad business
proposition to do a natively compiled app that it just won't happen.

--Brett