Date:      Fri, 12 Apr 2002 01:49:20 -0400
From:      Lord Raiden <raiden23@netzero.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Setting user execution rights

	Ok, I'm curious of something.  How do I set it so that a given user has
permission to execute program X and Y and look at a few files or logs on a
given server yet not to anything else?  I've got some servers I'm looking
to lock down but to do so means that I have to login as root each time I
need to do maintenance, and I hate being woke at 3am to bounce apache
because there was a power glitch or something or Ldap bit the dust.  I want
to set it so that certain users have rights to execute, kill, restart
certain programs, and view certain files without giving them any privileges
above and beyond that.  So for example user "joedoe" will be able to logon
as "joedoe" and start/kill/restart apache and view the apache logs, but
nothing else.  A task normally only available to root.  Joe Doe #2 would
have rights to do the same with FTPD and view/edit/delete web content under
"usr/local/www/data" and nothing more.

	It's been so long since I've had to do this that I've gone stupid.  Can
someone refresh me on how to do this?  Thanks.