Date:      Sat, 10 Jan 2004 12:07:08 -0600
From:      Ryan Sommers <ryans@gamersimpact.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCM options (was Re: Where is FreeBSD going?)

Garance A Drosihn wrote:
> At 7:27 PM -0800 1/9/04, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:
>
>> Hi;
>>
>> There is a comparison here:
>> http://better-scm.berlios.de/comparison/comparison.html
>>
>> I think there are compelling reasons to try subversion,
>> but we have to wait for a 1.0 Release, and this would be
>> something that should be done gradually.. for example
>> moving the ports tree first.
>

> That's a pretty major test!  Could we perhaps pick off
> something smaller?  The "projects" repository, for
> instance?  (or is that still tied to the base-system?)
>
> (I am very interested in subversion, but it is still
> something I need to learn more about...)

I haven't been following this too closely, so forgive me if this has
been mentioned. Does Subversion support any type of transaction based
committing?

One of the frequent problems with CVS is when someone grabs source while
someone is in the middle of a large or multi-part commit.

--
Ryan Sommers
ryans@gamersimpact.com