Date:      Fri, 30 Dec 2005 16:12:07 +0000
From:      eoghan <freebsd@redry.net>
To:        freebsd <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   getting sound

Hello
I have followed the manual page here for sound setup:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/sound-
setup.html
Im using freebsd 6.0 with generic kernel.  Im not sure what sound
card came with my dell (its 3 years old).
So i did:
#kldload snd_emu10k1
#kldload snd_driver
then:
#cat /dev/sndstat
FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm)
Installed devices:
pcm0: <AudioPCI ES1371-B> at io 0xec40 irq 11 kld snd_es137x(1p/1r/0v
channels duplex default)
This is my first time trying to get the sound working. I try play an
mp3 ans dont hear anything. Perhaps using the snd_driver wont work in
my case...
Is there a way to get freeBSD to show my sound device so I can load
the correct module? Or is there something else im doing wrong?
Thanks
Eoghan