Date:      Fri, 02 Jul 2004 11:23:12 +0900
From:      Alexander Nedotsukov <bland@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-firewire@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Block noise? when trying to send dv stream to video camera

Hi,

I have Sony DCR-HC40 video camera and trying to use firewire link to
download->edit->upload movie form it. I used fwcontrol -R test.dv
command to download data. Whole process went just fine. I can play raw
dv data and content looks correct. But if I try to send dv video (either
unmodified) back to the camera with fwcontrol -S test.dv command picture
get corrupted quickly. Corruption looks like whole image splitted into
square blocks and some parts of those blocks stay gray while
another contains correct image. Blocks are moving. The size of blocks
may vary. Time before video get corrupted as well from 0 to 50 sec. Do
you have any idea what it can be and what is much better how to fix the
situation?
I running one week old -CURRENT world+kernel.

Thanks,
Alexander.