Date:      Wed, 16 Feb 2005 02:29:53 -0600
From:      Nikolas Britton <freebsd@nbritton.org>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SPAM: Score 3.7: Re: Instead of freebsd. com, why not...

Anthony Atkielski wrote:

>Johnson David writes:
>

>>Speaking of GUIs, the mere existance of /usr/ports/x11/xorg-6.8.1 does
>>not affect the performance or reliability of a FreeBSD server. Neither
>>does actually installing it.
>>

>You're half right.  Installing it destabilizes the server, and requires
>making compromises on security.

Care to extrapolate on your comment? You'll need X just to install
Oracle on your server. Typically I install X (and nothing else, like;
WM, desktop, gtk, qt, fonts, etc.) and links on my servers. This is
because it's sometimes useful to do your googling (etc.) for why your
server isn't working right at the server and for
administering/installing web apps. text mode browsers just suck.