Date:      Sat, 11 Jun 2005 15:43:07 +0200
From:      ptitoliv <ptitoliv@frenchsuballiance.cjb.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Resizing /var

Hello everybody,

I have a big problem on a FreeBSD 5.3 Box. It is an hosted server
installed by an hosting service. But I didn't know what they smoke when
they have installed the system but they sized the /var filesystem only
to 200 MB which is not sufficient for my needs.

I used an emergency solution which was to transfer some datas on /usr
like databases but I am afraid that the problem will come back. So I am
asking here if there is any solution to transfer free space from ./usr
to /var.

But there are some constraints :

- I have no free unpartitioned space available
- I can't format any partition because and I can't loose datas

Is there any solution with some BSD tools in order to solve this problem ?

Thank you for your answers

Best Regards,
Ptitoliv