Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 1999 15:07:33 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        "Jasper O'Malley" <jooji@webnology.com>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape browser

> one -- a strategy that IBM showed to be almost suicidal. However,

Actually, I think IBM showed it to be suicidal by not doing a very
good job of it in OS/2.  Otherwise, it was a fine idea.  The WINE and
WABI projects also did their best but failed (or are failing) because
they didn't do a good enough job, not because it was a bad job to try
and do.

> FreeBSD may be able to recoup some native application support by
> creating an emulator for Linux. This is what we should do next.

I still seriously doubt that anyone in FreeBSD land will do any such
thing - I see neither the motivation nor the available talent (at
least in the same package) to make it happen and, again, have to
wonder at the usefulness of this entire thread.

- Jordan