Date:      Fri, 16 Dec 2005 14:13:34 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-rc@FreeBSD.org,  simon@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Should etc/rc.d/ike move to ports?

Howdy,

Because it was previously not possible to run scripts for ports in the base
rcorder, and because the rc.d/ike script needed to run well before localpkg,
it was imported into the base, and lives currently in /etc/rc.d. However,
now that I am about to MFC the code that runs ports scripts in the base
rcorder, I'm wondering if we shouldn't add the rc.d script to the port, and
remove it from HEAD and RELENG_6 after my MFC. I would of course be glad to
assist with any details related to the move.

Any thoughts?

Doug