Date:      Tue, 05 Sep 2006 11:17:34 +0100
From:      Vince <jhary@unsane.co.uk>
To:        Luca Morettoni <luca@morettoni.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: iwi and (another?) Intel3945ABG

Luca Morettoni wrote:
> Michal Mertl ha scritto:
>> No, it is different hardware. I think I have heard there are problems
>> with NDIS (Windows) driver for this NIC and that there is some native
>> beta driver which works.
>
> anyone have this (beta) driver?
> thanks!

http://unsane.co.uk/~jhary/freebsd/wpi-freebsd.tgz

once extracted make a link from the wpi directory to
/usr/src/sys/dev/wpi or it wont build correctly.
when youve done the make;make install
kldload firmware.ko
kldload wpi_ucode.ko
kldload if_wpi.ko

and you should have a wpi device and a bunch of info on the console
(possibly including errors) I havent tried with WEP or similar as I dont
have it turned on.
Occasionally I loose connection and have to reset the wpi by
kldunload wpi_ucode
kldunload if_wpi
kldload wpi_ucode

(the wpi kld wont actually unload but this seems to get it to a working
state again)

Good luck.

Vince