Date:      Tue, 22 May 2007 09:50:11 +1200
From:      Mark Kirkwood <markir@paradise.net.nz>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Xorg upgrade deps

Hi,

I'm part way though the xorg 7.2 upgrade (following procedure in
UPDATING) and have done:

$ portupgrade -Rf libXft

which seems to have completed ok. However when I do the next step:

$ portupgrade -a

I get:

Stale dependency: Xaw3d-1.5E_1 --> xorg-libraries-6.9.0_1 -- manually
run 'pkgdb -F' to fix, or specify -O to force.
(...and other packages that depend on xorg-libraries)

Now at this point I have no idea what to replace the stale dependency
with....obviously *one* or more of the new modularized libs. I guess for
Xaw3d it might depend on only libXaw-1.0.2, but there are others (say
java stuff) for which its not obvious.

What did other folks do at this stage?

Cheers

Mark