Date:      Sat, 02 Jun 2007 15:00:57 -0500
From:      Kevin Kinsey <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Jim Capozzoli <saltmiser@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X11 & console setup

Jim Capozzoli wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I have 3 monitors and 3 video cards.  However, one videocard and
> monitor isn't very "X11 friendly." (X11 barely starts on it).  I was
> wondering if it would be possible to have X11 running on two of the
> monitors, and then have a full screen console (like a ttyv0) on the
> third monitor (so I could constantly leave top or something sweet
> running on there :D).  This is all with FreeBSD 6.2/i386 and Xorg 6.9
> or 7.2.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

It should do "do-able", perhaps somewhat easily.  /usr/ports/x11-servers/x2x
is what comes to mind --- IIRC, Greg "groggy" Lehey of "The Complete
FreeBSD" fame uses this for several displays, and has notes on his setup
in her personal pages at www.lemis.com.

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey
--
I do not fear computers.  I fear the lack of them.
		-- Isaac Asimov