Date:      Thu, 07 May 2009 10:16:45 +0200
From:      kenneth hatteland <kenneth.hatteland@kleppnett.no>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   abiword

I am having serious problems getting my freebsd machines with  abiword
installed to open .doc files. Text becomes totally garbled and
unreadable. Have searched the net and the few  abiword forums I can find
but nowhere  does it say  what nob  is unturned on  my freebsd
installs.  winxp and linux machines opens  such documents ok. Anyone
using this and know something wise ?
OpenOffice would be an alternative, but I only have 4gb left of /usr so
it won` t build.

blessed be
Kenneth, norway