Date:      Sat, 30 May 2009 10:55:33 +0200
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer@omnilan.de>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB (internally fixed) card reader questions

--------------enig7A0C6CED501A0E1DBB66E223

Hello,

with 7.2, after I inserted a flash card, I generated a write request to=20
the corresponding device (`true > /dev/da1` for example if it was a SD=20
card). To change the card I found `camcontrole eject da1` usefull to=20
prevent panics.

With -current I can't update the label by `true > /dev/da1`, I get=20
"device not configured".
So my question is how do I correctly use flash cards in fixed (USB) card =

readers? Do I still have to use camcontrol eject before removing? How do =

I get hald working with umass devices?
With 7.2, after the second insertion of the same flash card hal jumped=20
in and I could mount it with Thunar. UFDs (USB Flash Disks, the "sticks" =

with USB controller) worked just form the start. After pluging in I=20
could see the device in Thunar. Both doesn't work under -current any more=
=2E

Thanks for any help,

-Harry