Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 2010 07:27:42 +0100
From:      Peter Palmreuther <pitpalme+unix@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   openjdk6 "killed by Sonatype Nexus"

Hello,

I'm running Tomcat 6 from ports using openjdk6-b17_2 as JRE.
I've got a Sonatype Nexus Installation running within this Tomcat.

When I try to refresh the repository indicies within Nexus I get

pid 72476 (java), uid 80: exited on signal 4 (core dumped)

in my messages.log and the tomcat process died.

Any idea how to track that down to the culprit? I can't imagine Nexus
sending a "SIGILL", but sadly I don't get any Java stacktrace either. No
'hs_*.log' file I'm aware of, only a core dump when tomcat was started
manually. Opening the core dump with 'gdb' and trying a 'bt' I get

Core was generated by `java'.
Program terminated with signal 4, Illegal instruction.
#0  0x0000000802163d8f in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x0000000802163d8f in ?? ()
Cannot access memory at address 0x1