Date:      Mon, 10 May 2010 20:53:41 +0300
From:      Nikos Vassiliadis <nvass9573@gmx.com>
To:        Ansar Mohammed <ansarm@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: File system

Ansar Mohammed wrote:
> Hello All,
> I have a FreeBSD VM running. Whenever I reboot the VM without a clean
> shutdown it boots into single user mode and I have to run fsck.
>
> When I run fsck, the file system clearly has issues.
>
> Is there any way to have FreeBSD run on a better file system that wont crap
> out on me everytime I do and unclean shutdown?

I am really surprised no one proposed geom journaling. With gjournal,
I never had to do a manual full fsck and have had plenty of unclean
shutdowns. I also occasionally do fsck the filesystem and there were
no errors ever found. It definitely adds the ease factor I am looking
for in a journaling sollution in the case of an unclean shutdown...

Nikos