Date:      Wed, 16 Jan 2013 11:47:30 -0800
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Peter Vereshagin <peter@vereshagin.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: svn bdb checkout?

On Jan 16, 2013, at 11:35 AM, Peter Vereshagin wrote:
[ ... ]
> Over again: How could I 'svn checkout' the sources without those '.svn'
> subdirectories in the each and every repo's subdirectories?

If you're using Subversion-1.7 on the client side, there's only one .svn
subdirectory at the top level, rather than the older workarea format
where each subdirectory has it's own .svn subdir.

Another alternative would be to use "svn export" instead of "svn checkout".
This will give you the files without .svn directories; however, you won't
have a workarea which you can update, see what's changed with svn diff, etc.

Regards,
--
-Chuck