Date:      Thu, 02 Jun 2011 17:24:47 +0300
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ivan Voras <ivoras@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-performance@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: tlb shootdown

on 02/06/2011 15:02 Ivan Voras said the following:
> On 01/06/2011 13:11, Andriy Gapon wrote:
>>
>> Anyone knows of a benchmark/test that can measure/demonstrate difference in tlb
>> shootdown performance (or its lack)?
>
> The "tlb" utility from lmbench may help you.

Just because it's named tlb and I asked for tlb something? :)

tlb - TLB size and latency benchmark
tlb tries to determine the size, in pages, of  the  TLB.   The  largest
amount of memory it will examine is len bytes.
Once  the  TLB  boundary is located tlb reports the TLB miss latency as
the TLB latency for twice as many pages as the TLB can hold.

I am not this will tell anything about TLB _shootdown_ performance of SMP systems.
Perhaps I wasn't specific enough in my original question.

--
Andriy Gapon