Date:      Fri, 14 Oct 2011 11:20:29 +0200
From:      Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   dirhash and dynamic memory allocation

Hi all,

I tried some tuning of dirhash on our servers and after googlig a bit, I
found an old GSoC project wiki page about Dynamic Memory Allocation for
Dirhash: http://wiki.freebsd.org/DirhashDynamicMemory
Is there any reason not to use it / not commit it to HEAD?

And second question - is there any negative impact with higher
vfs.ufs.dirhash_maxmem? It stil defaults to 2MB (on FreeBSD 8.2) after
10 years, but I think we all are using bigger FS in these days with lot
of files and directories and 2MB is not enough.

Miroslav Lachman