Date:      Tue, 14 Sep 2004 23:36:05 -0700
From:      Fargo Holiday <galaxy.ranger@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: strange pppoe/adsl issues

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 22:15:55 +1000, Glenn Thomas <windsok@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 12:16:26 +0400, Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@freebsd.org> wrote:
> > Are you using ppp(8)? If you do can you try mpd from ports? In opposite
> > case can you try ppp(8)? :)
>
> Ok, i tried mpd again and I can confirm that it has the exact same
> issue as I get with ppp(8).
>
> Regards,
>
> Glenn.

howdy, did you ever get this resolved? if not, could you kindly ask a
DSL support tech to get the people that own the line to watch it while
your connection fails? i agree that it's probably something hinky on
the isp end, since chances are pretty good (if it's like where i
worked) that your dsl connection is even hooked up to the same
equipment at the telco. i remember that we had a hell of a time
getting people on Macs to stay connected, even though the Windows port
of the same software worked like a charm.

later,
Fargo