Date:      Thu, 23 Oct 2008 05:06:05 +0000
From:      "Ivan Drobyshevskyi" <shumar.ua@gmail.com>
To:        "Stephane E. Potvin" <sepotvin@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-eclipse@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: can't install Eclipse on FreeBSD 7.0 (Release 5)

thanx for your advices -- but they didn't help.
while installing  eclipse-devel from ports:

===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for eclipse-devel-3.4.1_1
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
plugins/org.eclipse.pde.ui.templates/src/org/eclipse/pde/internal/ui/templates/rcp/IntroTemplate.java.rej
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
plugins/org.eclipse.osgi/core/adaptor/org/eclipse/osgi/util/TextProcessor.java.rej
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------

|---
plugins/org.eclipse.osgi/eclipseAdaptor/src/org/eclipse/osgi/service/environment/Constants.java.orig
2007-06-26 04:57:02.000000000 +0900
|+++
plugins/org.eclipse.osgi/eclipseAdaptor/src/org/eclipse/osgi/service/environment/Constants.java
2007-09-13 01:03:14.000000000 +0900
--------------------------
File to patch:
Skip this patch? [y] y
1 out of 1 hunk ignored
=> Patch patch-another-extra-patches failed to apply cleanly.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/java/eclipse-devel.

I've just tried to install other applications (vlc and rtorrent), and have
same problems -- some patching issues at the end. Any ideas?

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 6:01 PM, Stephane E. Potvin <sepotvin@freebsd.org>wrote:

> Ivan Drobyshevskyi wrote:
>
>> I've installed diablo-jdk-1.6.0.07 from ports, after that:
>>
>> cd /usr/ports/java/eclipse; make

>> ===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for eclipse-3.3.2
>> 1 out of 1 hunks failed--saving rejects to
>> assemble.org.eclipse.sdk.freebsd.gtk.amd64.xml.rej
>> => Patch patch-assemble-freebsd-amd64.xml failed to apply cleanly.
>> => Patch(es) patch-another-extra-patches patch-another-extra-patches2
>> applied cleanly.
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> However my laptop is i386 so I probably don't need this patch. Should I
>> manually edit config files to skip it or there is something else?
>>

> Hi Ivan,
>
> I can't say for sure as I don't use this version of Eclipse myself but you
> could alternatively use the eclipse-devel port which will install Eclipse
> Ganymede 3.4.1. This version is quite stable and is named devel only
> because the plugins that are part of the port tree have not been converted
> to work with it yet. But, plugins installed via Eclipse's own package
> manager works pretty well.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Steph

Thankx,