Date:      Mon, 09 Apr 2001 11:23:30 -0500
From:      Christopher Schulte <christopher@schulte.org>
To:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
Cc:        Matthew Emmerton <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>, Rasputin <rara.rasputin@virgin.net>, <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Releases

At 03:45 AM 4/10/2001 +1200, Dan Langille wrote:
>Give meaningful and widely used names to things which people are familiar
>with.

-CURRENT fits all those requirements.

> > I'm not as hot about the BETA designation, but generally feel it should
> > be left alone simply because it's documented, and thus should NOT be a
> > problem.
>
>By this designation, we could call a brake a clutch and get away with it
>because it's all documented.  The problem is not with the documentation.
>It's with the name.

Documentation is not the only factor.  The name was chosen for a *reason*,
to convey a point.  It's choice was not arbitrary.  And it's since been
accepted by the development and administrative community.

Question being: Now, are we to a point where that accepted name needs to be
reevaluated for the sake of general consensus, need or desire.  That's the
real question, IMHO.

--chris