Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 2013 07:06:17 -0500
From:      Joshua Isom <jrisom@gmail.com>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org" <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ath not working after a motherboard and ram upgrade

If I drop down to one 8Gb stick, and I don't have other wifi devices
near causing interference, I can get a reliable connection and low loss.
  If I have 16Gb, I can get about a minute or two of decent ping times
before it degrades to multi-second pings of the router.  Even at 8Gb,
it's not guaranteed on boot, but rebooting does seem to fix it.  At
16Gb, I tried two different sticks just to see if maybe it was one bad
chip but it didn't change it.  That means it's probably an address
conflict, or cache size issue, right?