Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 2013 18:24:28 -0400
From:      "Adrian Chadd" <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>
To:        "Joshua Isom" <jrisom@gmail.com>, "Adrian Chadd" <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org" <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ath not working after a motherboard and ram upgrade

The problem isn't contigmalloc, it's making sure that it gets bounced via=
 the local 32 bits of address space right.

I'll talk with other developers and see what the deal is with 64 bit addres=
s space for 32 bit nics.

Thanks,

Adrian

Sent from my Palm Pre on AT&amp;T
On Mar 31, 2013 3:47 PM, Joshua Isom &lt;jrisom@gmail.com&gt; wrote:=20

 From if_ath.c:2995:  "For some situations (eg EDMA TX completion),=20

there isn't a requirement for the ath_buf entries to be allocated."

The EDMA code uses malloc, but would contigmalloc work instead?

On 3/31/2013 1:38 PM, Adrian Chadd wrote:

&gt; On 31 March 2013 10:49, Joshua Isom &lt;jrisom@gmail.com&gt; wrote:

&gt;&gt; I seems someone working on the kernel's already figured out how to=
 deal with

&gt;&gt; this.  The hw.physmem sysctl can be set at boot time, with 2Gb it=
 seems to

&gt;&gt; be working fine.  I reinstalled all the sticks, and it's working=
 fine with

&gt;&gt; the sysctl set to 2Gb.

&gt;

&gt; Ooooooo Yay! I mean, damn, that's busted. But yay, now we can narrow

&gt; down what the problem is!

&gt;

&gt; Try bumping it to 4GB. It should be fine at that.

&gt;

&gt; If it is, please create a PR with all the above information and I'll

&gt; start re-reviewing the DMA / buffer code to see what's going on.

&gt;

&gt; Thanks!

&gt;

&gt;