Date:      Thu, 03 Oct 2013 15:17:29 +0300
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [HEADSUP] Staging, packaging and more

on 03/10/2013 11:48 Baptiste Daroussin said the following:
> This also allows lots of new features to come:
> - Allow to create sub-packages
> - Allow to create debuginfo packages.

I'd like to mention a few other possibilities along the same lines:
- doc packages
- examples packages
- "devel" packages (headers, tools and other files required for compiling
dependent software, but not generally needed for an end user)

All open up to a debate, of course.

Thank you very much for doing this major step!

--
Andriy Gapon