Date:      Sun, 22 Dec 2013 12:22:30 -0500
From:      Erick Turnquist <jhujhiti@adjectivism.org>
To:        Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Resolving circular dependencies

On 2013-12-22 09:51, Scot Hetzel wrote:
> The best way to solve this would be to create 3 ports that would
> create the appropriate gssapi mech:
>
> security/cyrus-sasl2-mech-gssapi-base <- Kerberos Support from
> /usr/lib/libkrb5.a
> security/cyrus-sasl2-mech-gssapi-krb5 (slave port)
> security/cyrus-sasl2-mech-gssapi-hemidal (slave port)

What would the exact dependencies be in this case? I feel like I've
missed something important, because both openldap24-sasl-client and
cyrus-sasl2 still actually depend on the MIT Kerberos libraries, would
we not end up with a circle of four packages instead of three?

Before:
openldap24-sasl-client -> cyrus-sasl2 -> krb5 -> openldap24-sasl-client

After:
openldap24-sasl-client -> cyrus-sasl2 -> cyrus-sasl2-mech-gssapi-krb5 ->
krb5 -> openldap24-sasl-client