Date:      Sun, 05 Jan 2014 20:37:39 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jean-S=E9bastien_P=E9dron?= <jean-sebastien.pedron@dumbbell.fr>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Graham Menhennitt <graham@menhennitt.com.au>
Subject:   Re: X not working on AMD64 Radeon after upgrading 9-Stable to 10-RC3

--4J7HOiMrWpCXSGrUabjk2KOTd55xSri7s

On 05.01.2014 07:20, Graham Menhennitt wrote:
> Firstly, I had the same problem with GLDEBUGPROCARB that you provided a=

> fix to Zenny for. I blew away all my xorg ports and started again which=

> fixed it.

Correct, I forgot that one.

> Then I had a problem with glproto not being found. It looks like there'=
> a dependency on that missing somewhere. After I manually installed it,
> everything built.

Thank you for the report!

> Now I can successfully start X and KDE - thank you!

You're welcome :)

> Also, I can't use Alt-F1 etc. to switch to other virtual consoles. And =
> can't seem to kill X - I need to reboot. But both of those are very
> minor problems.

This is expected unfortunately: our console driver (syscons) doesn't
support the new kernel video drivers. This means that once X.Org is
started, it's not possible to switch to the console, or have a console
back when closing the X session.

This problem is fixed in HEAD (11-CURRENT) if you use the new console
driver (vt(9), previously referred to as "Newcons").

About errors in dmesg(8), I answer below:

> info: [drm] Loading RS690/RS740 Microcode
> info: [drm] radeon: ring at 0x00000000A0001000
> error: [drm:pid1162:r100_ring_test] *ERROR* radeon: ring test failed
> (scratch(0x15E4)=3D0xCAFEDEAD)
> error: [drm:pid1162:r100_cp_init] *ERROR* radeon: cp isn't working (-22=
).
> drmn0: error: failed initializing CP (-22).

Those errors are unexpected. Could you please try with Ubuntu 13.04 live
CD, and check if the same errors occur?

--=20
Jean-S=E9bastien P=E9dron