Date:      Sat, 15 Nov 2014 20:45:59 +0100
From:      =?UTF-8?B?SmFuIEtva2Vtw7xsbGVy?= <jan.kokemueller@gmail.com>
To:        Dutch Ingraham <stoa@gmx.us>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xorg configure failure with Radeon card

> Thanks again, Jan.  I already had that there (from the 10.1-RELEASE
> notes), so the error is with that tuner set.

Does "kldload radeonkms" as root work, as in gives you a nice looking
console in native screen resolution? If that works, at least the KMS
driver does something correctly.

Another idea is to try to rebuild the "x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati" port,
if you haven't done that already.

Can you post the complete contents of /var/log/Xorg.0.log and the output
of dmesg after a failed attempt to start the X server?

-Jan