Date:      Wed, 13 May 2015 13:34:30 +0300
From:      Ruslan Makhmatkhanov <cvs-src@yandex.ru>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?Um9nZXIgUGF1IE1vbm7DqQ==?= <roger.pau@citrix.com>,  freebsd-xen@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [solved] iommu must be enabled for PVH hardware domain

Roger Pau Monné wrote on 05/13/15 11:51:
> Hello,
>
> El 13/05/15 a les 10.46, Ruslan Makhmatkhanov ha escrit:
>> Yes, the system is now booted successfully! But `xl list` doesn't work
>> with:
>>
>> root@:~ # xl list
>> libxl: error: libxl.c:669:libxl_list_domain: getting domain info list:
>> Cannot allocate memory
>> libxl_list_domain failed.
> [...]
>> Shell memory values are unlimited too:
>>
>> root@:~ # ulimit -a
>> cpu time               (seconds, -t)  unlimited
>> file size           (512-blocks, -f)  unlimited
>> data seg size           (kbytes, -d)  33554432
>> stack size              (kbytes, -s)  524288
>> core file size      (512-blocks, -c)  unlimited
>> max memory size         (kbytes, -m)  unlimited
>> locked memory           (kbytes, -l)  64
>

> Shell memory is not unlimited, as the output above shows. `ulimit -l
> unlimited` should fix that.
>
> Roger.

My bad. `ulimit -l unlimited` doesn't worked for me, but changing the
limit via /etc/login.conf did. Now it works flawlessly. Thank you!
Is there any resource where these cases covered ("Cannot allocate
memory" and disabling IOMMU because of erratas)? Just want to know
bloody details.

And one more question, am I right that PV-guests are no more supported
in FreeBSD? We tried to run Debian guest in PV mode like described here:
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/FreeBSD_Dom0#Creating_your_first_PV_guest

but guest's kernel panicking like that:

Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
unknown-block(0,0)

Full log: http://dpaste.com/2GZTJMH
Or it's some bad zfs setup on dom0 system?

This is FreeBSD HVM attempt:
libxl: error: libxl_dm.c:1482:device_model_spawn_outcome: domain 5
device model: spawn failed (rc=-3)
libxl: error: libxl_create.c:1319:domcreate_devmodel_started: device
model did not start: -3
libxl: error: libxl_dm.c:1586:kill_device_model: Device Model already exited

Full log: http://dpaste.com/0499WH8

--
Regards,
Ruslan